Projects to support Internally Displaced People
The EU is trying to help local communities return to normal everyday life and promote cohesion and economic activity of IDPs and host communities. In October 2014 the EU Delegation to Ukraine announced a Call for Expression of Interest for support to conflict affected communities in Ukraine.
The objective of this initiative was support to IDPs and communities affected by the conflict in Ukraine. The total allocation was €17 million. The support is provided as grants (between €200 000 and €2 million).
Local authorities individually or in cooperation with NGOs or International Organizations were encouraged to apply.
Actions take place in one or more of the oblasts of Ukraine. No actions are funded in areas that are not under full administrative control of the Government of Ukraine.
This is non-repayable assistance – local communities will receive these funds as grants, which they will not need to give back, but at least 10% of the eligible costs of the action need to be sourced by the applicant from its own budget. The duration of each project is between 6 and 18 months.
These funds are being distributed as part of the EU Programme, “Support to Ukraine’s Regional Development Policy”.
Currently, 18 projects are dealing with IDPs and communities in 14 regions of Ukraine: Vinnytsia, Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Zaporizhia, Zhytomyr, Kirovohrad, Kyiv, Luhansk, Mykolaiv, Poltava, Ternopil, Kharkiv, Kherson and Chernivtsi. Within these projects IDPs will be provided with housing, work, education; they will receive social, medical and psychological support that in general will promote cohesion and economic activity of IDPs and host communities.
- Adaptation centre for IDPs and entrepreneurs from ATO zone and Crimea in Vinnytsia region (Vinnytsia Oblast);
- Housing provision for IDPs in Dnipropetrovs’k Oblast (Dnipropetrovsk Oblast);
- Enabling living conditions for vulnerable IDPs and conflict-affected local residents in the city of Kramatorsk (Donetksa Oblast);
- Home for Homeless (Donetska Oblast);
- Building capacity to support conflict-affected IDPs and local residents in Mariupol (Donetska Oblast);
- Provision and establishment of accommodation facilities for the internally displaced persons on the territory of Zhytomyr Oblast (Zhytomyr Oblast);
- Development of a comprehensive system of support for IDPs and local community of Berdyansk city (Zaporizhia Oblast);
- Building the Future Together! (Kirovohrad Oblast);
- Promoting Cohesion and Social Well-being of Families and Children displaced to Kyiv oblast (Kyiv Oblast);
- Capital repair of road bridge across Severskiy Donets river (Luhansk Oblast);
- Renewing of function evacuated from Luhansk to Severodonetsk Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University (Luhansk Oblast);
- New home, school, integration and work opportunities for internally displaced persons in Mykolayiv (Mykolaiv Oblast);
- Supporting IDP’s with diabetes and chronic kidney disease in Mykolayiv region (Mykolaiv Oblast);
- Poltava region for internally displaced persons (Poltava Oblast);
- Social and economic adaptation of IDPs in the city of Ternopil (Ternopil Oblast);
- Human Rights Defence of Internal Displaced Persons in Ukraine (Kharkiv region);
- Activation of the territorial community of Kherson to overcome the problems of IDPs (Kherson region)
- Improving of Life Conditions and Social Adaptation of Internally Displaced Persons in Chernivtsi Region (Chernivtsi Oblast).