Terms of Reference of SURDP Project foresees a number of expected results:
- A National Policy on Regional Development elaborated by the Government, including the legal and administrative instruments necessary to operate and finance it.
- An Updated State Strategy on Regional Development till 2020 elaborated and approved as well as an Action Plan to implement the strategy
- Regional Development projects implemented.
- Capacity building system improved, network for Regional Development practitioners established and operational.
Specific Project Activities include:
- Development of statistical framework and indicators for assessment of Regional Economic Development
- Updating and implementation of well-coordinated State and Regional Development Strategies
- Development of programmes for overcoming depression of territories in accordance with Article 11 of the law of Ukraine “On Stimulation of regional development”
- Analyses of all regional strategies and implementation mechanisms in Ukraine
- Support to national and regional authorities in developing implementation plans of regional Development Strategies
- Identification and implementation of the regional development projects
- Advice on the application of European Union standards for the selection and allocation of financial sources for regional development