Regional Development Projects
On April 26th 2013, the European Union announced a call for proposals to support Ukraine’s regional development policy. Through the call for proposals regional and local authorities were provided with an additional budget to implement priorities and objectives as defined in the regional development strategies of their respective regions
The objective of the Call is an implementation of a wide range of issues including infrastructures upgrade and rehabilitation, employment stimulation, tourism development, support to business initiatives, energy efficiency measures, agricultural markets development.
The Call is a part of a wider regional development programme of 31 mln Euro, promoting decentralized development of the Ukrainian regions.
More information is available on the EuropeAid web-site.
- Development of cycling tourism in Lipovets district (Vinnytsia region);
- Development of possibilities of the cooperative for protection of legal and economic interests of private peasant farms as well as broadening of dairy product assortment to meet the demands of the social sphere of Tomashpil district (Vinnytsia region);
- Tourism - the guarantee of dynamic social and economic development of rural communities (Vinnytsia region);
- Recovery of amelioration network to boost economic growth in rural areas of Volyn region (Volyn region);
- Development of agricultural activities in Manevichi district of Volyn Region and in Volodymyrets District of Rivne region by supporting regional programs of soil amendment and outreach activities among population (Volyn and Rivne regions);
- Improving Vocational Training System according to the needs of the Volyn sub-regional economy (Volyn and Rivne regions);
- Insufficient development of dairy farming and low efficiency of agricultural markets (Dnipropetrovsk region);
- Support economy of Zakarpatska oblast through its tourism capacity development and promotion (Zakarpatska region);
- Ivano-Frankivsk region - land for tourism (Ivano-Frankivsk region);
- Creation versatile educational and industrial complex ''Mozaika'' (Lviv region);
- Tourism as a catalyst of rural economic development (Odesa region);
- Development of green and eco-tourism as a systematic component of economic development in Berezne region (Rivne region);
- Formation of the Modern Management Model for Regional Labour Market Development in Khmelnytskyi region (Khmelnytskyi region);
- Creation of the Regional Training and Practical Center for Development of Multifunctional Cooperatives (Cherkasy region).